Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hey Dion!

  1. #11
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    ShyPappy -

    Ok, I'll give you that. BUT I think common sense should have prevailed and he should have atleast waited until the figure was released to the CC public. That way, if he wanted to put it on eBay, then it would have just been lumped into all the others that we complain about who buy up the max they can, and then immediately put them on eBay before the figure has sold out of the store! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I agree with your points chaser. I feel bad for the guy too, and I share your sentimentality on trades, gifts, etc.

    Case in point: I had a buddy of mine who went to ComicCon in California last summer. I had him get me a Keldor because I heard it was an exclusive, and I thought it was cool (and I am not a MOTU collector at all). The guy was there all three days, and played the raffle to buy the Keldor all three days for me just to buy it. He finally won the raffle on day 3 and picked one up. He also got me the silver Pinhead figure, and the Spawn 2-pack because he knew I was a Spawn nut.

    He sends them all to me, and would not accept a dollar from me!!! I ended up sending him a crapload of HeroClix (he's a big collector of them) to thank him, but still.

    Now, Keldor is going for a lot of cash on eBay... I could EASILY sell it for a handsome profit (even if I listed it for a penny... not scalping). But I would never... as it means so much to me that he went through all that effort to get it for me. He didn't get it signed because the line was 4 hours long, but I didn't even ask for that (nor did I know the Four Horsemen were signing them). But, he had thought about it!!

    That's just cool. When someone goes out of their way to do something nice for me, I remember it.

    I think I would be a bit hurt if the tables were turned and I had gotten the figure for him, and then saw it on ebay a week later.

    But I do feel for the dude and his Mom... that's just my take.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah! That pretty much sums it up.
    Although I'm not in his situation, I don't think I wouldn't sell a gift like that either.

    I just want it to be known that he is a good guy, and this wasn't something he was planning on making a habit of. [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dion Bozman:
    Yeah, I know the story and I don't want to act like a dick about it. The guy did have the stones to write me directly and explain the situation.

    Assuming it's true, his situation is bad and I can't find it in my heart to be pissed about it.

    Still, at some level, it kinda hurt my feelings. Maybe I'm naive, but I like to think this hobby isn't all about profiteering (shrugs). I don't know, I just took it the wrong way. No big deal.
    Dion
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're a good man, Dion! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •